Try this Easy, Delicious Aloo Tamatar Rasa (Potato & Tomato curry). Perfect with Hot Phulkas or Rotis for a weekday dinner! Made by You, fresh in your kitchen!
- Serves - 4 Portions
- Prep Time - 5 Min
- Cook Time - 20 Min
- 5 Medium Potatoes - Peeled & cut in medium size pieces
- EltheCook's dal 'Tadka' (Serves 4 pack)
- 4 Big Tomatoes - Finely chopped (OR 1 pack Ready Tomato Puree)
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste (About 1 teaspoon)
- Empty Tadka packet in a pressure cooker or a pan on medium flame. Add finely chopped tomatoes (or tomato puree). Cook well on medium flame. Keep stirring till it becomes almost dry (About 10 min). Do not cover.
- Add cut potatoes, 1 cup water & salt. Allow to cook for high flame till 2 whistles, or cook covered on slow flame for 10 min. Allow pressure to settle before opening the cooker.
- Taste & Adjust seasoning with salt. Adjust consistency with water. Cover & let it bubble for 5 min on slow flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander & enjoy with hot Phulkas/ Rotis.